This exciting night will be like our Thursday Night events in the past but with a twist, with Scrambles, Power Wheels Demo & the famous Pie Auction. Pie Auction Proceeds will be going to the NEW Fair Grounds!
2022 Power Wheels Demolition Derby Information
1) Any regular electric Power Wheels is allowed. No 4-wheeler type vehicles, motorcycles, tractors, etc. allowed. Child’s legs must be in the compartment. Child must ride IN not ride On. Driver only – NO passengers
2) A seat belt is highly recommended
3) Kids 3 to 9 may participate. There will be 3 age groups – ages 3 & 4, ages 5-6 and ages 7,8 & 9.
4) Helmets must be worn. Bicycle helmets are permitted.
5) If the child gets out of their vehicle during the event, they are disqualified.
6) The vehicle can only have ONE 12-volt battery. It must be securely fastened to the Power Wheels and covered up if not in the original location away from the child.
7) All doors and tailgates must be fastened shut. No sharp edges. Use duct tape or zip ties. No added reinforcement.
9) Tires may be wrapped in duct tape if you wish or add rubber tire to the tread area. No screws or tire chains may be added.
10) Motor must remain stock.
11) Height of Power Wheels must remain stock. No raising or lowering.
12) Decorative changes can be made and are encouraged. Use cardboard and paper only. No sharp edges or hard material.
13) Shoes are required. No open toe sandals.
14) Remember – THIS IS FOR THE KIDS!!!!
15) Each child will have a balloon taped on the front and rear of their Power Wheels. When both of their balloons are popped and/or gone, they are done. There will be a 15-minute time limit.
16) Each Power Wheel must be brought into the pits through the pit gate and inspected. Child must remain in the main grandstands until called upon to participate. After the event, the child must return to the grandstands for the rest of the night’s events.
17) There is no cost to participate in the event other than you paid grandstand/pit admissions.
18) The track officials have the final decision on any issues that arise.
19) All children must have a parent or guardian sign a consent form during sign up. Sign up is from 5pm-8pm Tuesday at the fair board office.
20) On the night of the event once you are checked in, your vehicle is impounded until your class.
21) Check in the night of the event is from 5:45p.m. to 6:15p.m.
22) For any questions please call Andy Demuth 319-464-7520.
Events one and two, Open to All, Come and Have Fun.
Heat 1, 3yr old
Heat 2, 4yr old
Heat 3, 5 yr old
Heat 1, 6 yr old
Heat 2, 7 yr old
Heat 3, 8 yr old
Event Three, Pigs
Open to 4-Hers have completed either 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th grade.
Event Four, Calfs
Open to 4-Hers and FFAers who have completed either 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th grade.
Sign Up for Pigs and Calfs will be in the Fair Board Office Starting Sunday July 23th. Deadline to sign up will be 6p.m. Tuesday July 25th
This Event is a rain or shine event, defined as, still able to go on until the risk of HEAVY Rain, LIGHTNING, High Winds, or Severe Weather. In the event of a cancelation, NO REFUNDS and NO EXCHANGES will be given and the event will not be re-scheduled unless the fair board decides otherwise. The fair board makes every attempt possible to have these events while still keeping in mind the safety of our patrons and guests.